The Jinn may cause many different types of sickness and harm to humans, affecting their psychology, moods, body, wealth, possessions, business, relations with others or studies.
The sicknesses that we are going to discuss may happen either because of the human being overpowered by the Jinns, or because of witchcraft. We will discuss the remedies for these sicknesses in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. These sicknesses include the following:
- Intense fear.
- Psychological and nervous diseases (insanity, depression, anxiety, tension, epilepsy, Waswaas (whispers from the Shaytaan), personality disorders).
- Physical sickness (i.e., physical sickness that human medicine is unable to treat, and for which there is no medical cause).
- Stirring up hatred between people, causing enmity and division between people such as husband and wife, business partners, friends, and family.
Female diseases (infertility, heavy bleeding and menstrual irregularities, infections).
Sexual problems (impotency, premature ejaculation).
Tampering with and causing damage to houses and material possessions (causing fires, throwing furniture about, throwing stones at the house).
- Tawheed: The call to Tawheed is the basis of all worship, reviving the rituals of Islam and learning that benefit and harm are the hand of Allaah alone. No created being, or bring benefit to anyone else except by the will of Allaah. The powers of benefit and harm are in the hand of only One, may He be glorified and exalted. refer in the Noble Qur’aan (Younus 10:49) (Al-Maa’idah 5:76) (Al-Ra’d 13:16) (Al-Fath 48:11)
Hence the scholars and Fuqaha’ (may Allaah have mercy on them) stated that fear of anything or anyone other than Allaah is kind of Shirk, which is forbidden according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah.
- Understanig that the plot of Shaytaan is feeble, Allaah Says:
“Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan.” (Al-Nisa 4:76)
According to a Hadeeth whose authenticity is agreed upon, which was narrated from Abu Qataadah (radi Allaahu Anhu) the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) Said:
“Good dreams come from Allaah and bad dreams come from the Shaytaan. Whoever sees something that he dislikes, let him spit drily to his left three times, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, then it will not harm him.” (Al-Bukhari, 5747, 6984 and Muslim 2261.)
- It should be noted that the Jinn are not all ugly and dark as they apear in the stories of possession and causing fear and harm. There are some jinn have a more righteous than humans, and some jinn have a glowing record of faith, piety and calling others to Allaah, as is mentioned at the beginning of Soorah Al-Jinn, which speaks of a group of jinn who listened to the Qur’aan being recited on the lips of the Messenger (peace be upon him) and they went back and warned their people. refer in the Noble Qur’aan (Al-Jinn 72:1-2)